West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme:- The Government of West Bengal has implemented many welfare schemes to improve the lives of the citizens of the state. Now the government has come up with a new scheme for the fishermen of West Bengal. During the presentation of West Bengal Budget 2024, the Finance Minister announced a health scheme called Samudra Sathi Scheme. Under the scheme, registered fishermen will receive Rs 5,000 per month for two months during the fishing ban, which means they will receive government financial assistance of Rs 10,000 for two months. This document describes the admission criteria, objectives, documents required to apply, and details of the application procedures associated with the program. Please, that’s it.
About West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Fishing is one of the major occupations of the people of West Bengal. However, there is a fishing ban period from mid-April to mid-June. Therefore, it becomes very difficult for those who depend on fishing to meet their basic needs. To help those in need now, on February 8, 2024, during Budget 2024, the West Bengal Finance Minister announced that the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme will provide financial assistance of Rs 5,000 per month on a long-term basis. Two months. Rs 200 crore has been allocated for this purpose. About 2 million beneficiaries will receive this assistance.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme(Highlights)
|Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya
|08th February 2024
|Not Yet Announced
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme(Objectives)
The system was set up to help between April and mid-June, when fishing bans make daily food unavailable. They help purchase food and other necessities for Rs 5,000 a month. The family can live a relaxed life without worrying about money and food.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme (Features & Benefits)
- The scheme was announced by Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya on 8 February 2024 during the West Bengal 2024 budget presentation.
- An amount of rupees 5000 per month will be provided as financial assistance for 2 months under this scheme i.e. Rupees 10000 will be provided.
- This amount will be provided during the fishing Ban season from mid-April to mid-June.
- Registered fishermen from only these three districts East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas will get the benefits.
- A budget of rupees 200 crores has been allocated for the implementation of the scheme.
- An estimated number of 2 lakh fishermen will get the benefit.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme (Eligibility)
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- They must be registered fishermen.
- Fishermen only from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas are eligible to apply.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme (Documents)
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
- Bank account
- Domicile certificate
- Fisherman registration proof
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme (Apply Process)
- Firstly, open the official website of the scheme.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen.
- Now on the homepage, you have to click on the apply here option.
- A new page with an application form will open on the screen.
- Enter your details like name, address, date of birth, etc in the application form.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Check the provided details carefully.
- Now click on the submit option.
- you can easily apply for the scheme.
When and who launch the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme?
The state finance minister Chandrima Bhattacharya launched the Samudra Sathi Scheme on 8 February 2024 during the budget 2024 presentation.
What are the benefits of the West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme?
Rupees 5000 per month for 2 months will be provided.
Who is eligible to apply for the scheme?
Registered fishermen from East Midnapore, North, and South 24-Parganas are eligible to apply.
How many beneficiaries will benefit from this scheme?
2 lakh beneficiaries from these three coastal districts will be benefited
HOME PAGE:- CLICK HERE