Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana :- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin launched the free breakfast scheme. The program targets public school students in grades 1 to 5. The plan will be implemented in phases, with benefits starting from municipalities, rural areas and other areas. When launching the scheme, the state government said primary schools and pupils would be covered under the scheme. Please read on to learn more about the program and how interested candidates can participate in the program.
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana
|Name of the scheme
|Free Breakfast Yojana Tamil Nadu
|Scheme has been launched in
|Scheme initiative has been taken by
|Chief Minister MK Stalin
|Amount sanctioned for the scheme
|Rupees 33.56 crore
|Beneficiaries of the scheme
|Government school students in classes 1 to 5
|Areas of the initial implementation of the scheme
|Remote rural areas and municipalities
|Breakfast time in school
|8:15 am, and 8:45 am
|Total students to be benefitted from the scheme
|1.14 lakh children
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana Highlights
- Objectives of the Program – The main idea of the program is to provide free breakfast to the public school students who are in a rush to get to school and often miss breakfast
- Beneficiaries of the scheme – Students of government primary schools are the beneficiaries of the scheme
- Breakfast Time – Breakfast preparation begins at 5:30am and is completed at 7:45am, with breakfast served to students from 8:15am to 8:45am
- Initiative to launch the scheme – Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin has taken the initiative to launch the scheme which will help students have breakfast on time
- Implementation strategy of the program – The program will be implemented in a number of areas and the first phase will support remote villages with assistance from local government agencies. The rule will later be expanded to other cities.
- Meal Composition – Under the scheme, 150-500 gm of sambar and vegetables are provided for breakfast to each student
Therefore, the successful implementation of this program will help ensure that students from low-income families receive at least the first meal of the day at school. This means they no longer need to go on an empty stomach and can better focus on their studies. The meals will be distributed to 1,14,095 primary school students. Students attend 1,545 public elementary schools in urban, rural and mountainous areas of the state.
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana Eligibility
- State Locals – In-state students are eligible to participate in the program and receive free breakfast at school
- Government School Students – Government primary school students are entitled to free meals
- Educational Details – Students of classes 1 to 5 are eligible to participate in this program and avail its benefits
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana Document
Identification Information – Students should provide residency information to verify that they are residents of the state and eligible to receive benefits from the system
Education Details – Students should provide correct school certificate as students in government primary schools can be accommodated. Here, students in grades 1 to 5 can enjoy free breakfast
Family Income – Students must provide proof of family income to prove they qualify for free breakfast
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana (No. Of Schools)
- 36 schools in Chennai
- 40 in Trichy
- 20 in Kanchipuram
- 15 in Cuddalore
- 21 in Kumbakonam of Thanjavur district
- 48 in Vellore
- 8 in Tuticorin
- 26 in Madurai
- 54 in Salem
- 14 in Dindigul
- 22 in Tirunelveli
- 26 in Erode
- 19 in Kanyakumari
- 62 schools in Coimbatore
All of them were elected in 381 cities. The state government and NGOs are working hard to make the scheme successful and help students get food on time.
Tamil Nadu Free Breakfast Yojana (Registration Process)
As this is a newly launched project, registration is in progress. Public schools interested in introducing the program to their students should check out its portal. It helps them implement the process correctly and efficiently.
Q- Who has taken the initiative for the scheme?
A- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin
Q- Who are beneficiaries of the scheme?
A- Government school students from class 1 to class 5
Q- How much financial help has been given for scheme implementation?
A- 33.56 crores
Q- At what time would the breakfast be served in schools?
A- 8:15 am, and 8:45 am