Tamilnadu TNPDS Smart Ration Card-:In the present Era we all know that state as well as central government are trying to make all kind of services applications of various schemes through digital mode. The main objective of this initiative to make the schemes simple & accessible to all citizens.Considering this Tamilnadu Government also launched it’s Smart Ration Card scheme on digital platform. In the below article we will provide necessary information regarding Smart Ration Card.
About Tamilnadu TNPDS Smart Ration Card 2024
Tamilnadu government has launched Tamilnadu TNPDS Smart Ration Card for the citizens of States. Through this smart ration card citizen of the states are not required to carry physical form of ration card. By having this ration card citizen of the states get the ration at subsidized price. Distribution of ration card will become easy by going through digital form. By having this ration card citizens need not to required visit government of office in order to apply for the ration card.
The ration card helps in ensuring that the families who belong to the section of the population that is financially disadvantaged have all the facilities they require to sustain their lives. In addition, the ration card also serves as a proof of identification and address proofs that are accepted by a variety of government departments.
Since the introduction of digitalization and advancements in technology the state in Tamil Nadu has started to issue Smart Ration Cards. In actuality, Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Cards are also compatible with mobile applications that allows cardholders to locate the nearest ration shop and other facilities. But, with a smart ration card, the chief of the household is the name given to the wife.
Types of TNPDS Ration Card
There are four kinds of ration cards that are digital to people living in Tamilnadu State. The various types of ration cards are listed below:
- The Light Green cards are issued to purchase rice and other products at the Fair Price Shops (FPS).
- White cards are given out for an extra 3kg of sugar beyond the quota that is prescribed.
- A commodity card cannot be given to people who aren’t able to purchase any commodity from the ration shop
- Khaki cards are given to police officers up to the rank of inspectors.
|TYPE OF CARD
|Green Cards (Rice Option Cards)(Including AAY Cards)
|White Cards (Sugar Option Cards)
|All Commodities except rice
|Khaki Cards (Police & Prison personnel Cards)
|Blue Cards (Forest Officials cards)
|No commodity card (White Colour)
Overview Of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
|Smart Ration Card
|Residents of Tamil Nadu
|Tamil Nadu Goverment
|Distribution Of Smart Ration Card
Objective Of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
- The elimination of hunger-related chronic hunger In Tamil Nadu.
- Insuring that citizens are protected from the adverse consequences of price increases of vital items.
- The NPHH- NC cardholders do not use any commodities out of the FPS. NPHH-NC cards available as 31.07.2019. 31.07.2019 are 47,282.
- Making affordable domestic fuels available such as Kerosene.
- Making sure that Fair Price Shops are easily accessible to Fair Price Shops by cardholders.
- Making sure that there are affordable prices for vital items, particularly for those who are the least fortunate.
- ensuring that essential commodities are available at the appropriate time each month.
Features Of TNPDS Smart Ration Card
- Effective handling of complaints made by cardholders.
- Open Part-time shops for rural communities that have difficulty getting access to the existing Fair Prices Shops.
- Controlled and timely transport of essential commodities using maps of routes and even temporary
- Reduce leakage by system improvements, sturdier enforcement and deterrent actions.
- Affirmed error-free and accurate allocation of items to fair-price shops by using E-Governance.
Supply and Issue of Essential Commodities
|Price per kg/ltr
|Scale of Supply Per Month
|Free of cost from 01.06.2011
|For AAY beneficiaries 35 kg per month at free of cost. 4Kg per adult and 2Kg per child (below 12 years ) subject to a minimum of 12 kgs and a maximum of 20 kg per family card (except Nilgiris district) For Nilgiris district an additional quantity of 4kg of rice is issued per family card at free of cost.
|For AAY Cards, the price of Sugar will be Rs.13.50.
For all other types of Cards it will be Rs.25.00.
|500 gms per head per month. For Sugar option family cards an additional quantity of 3 kg of sugar in lieu of rice.
|10 Kgs per card per month in Chennai City and District Head Quarters and 5 Kg per card per month in other areas. (subject to availability as limited quantities are allotted by Govt of India)
|Rs.13.60 to 14.20 per Litre
|Ranges from 3-15 litre per card depending on the location and possession of LPG Cylinders.
|Rs.30 per kg
|1 kg per card/per month
|Rs.25 per kg
|1 litre per card/per month
Documents Required In TNPDS Smart Ration Card
- Aadhar Card
- Property Tax, in case of own house
- Rental Agreement, for tenants
- Slum Clearance Board allotment order
- Telephone Bill
- Frontpage of bank passbook
- Telephone bill
- Gas consumer bill
- Electricity Bill
- Voter identity card
Apply online For TNPDS Smart Ration Card
In order to apply online for your digital card using the internet, you have follow the steps below:
- The first step is to visit your first stop on the website that is run by TNPDS. TNPDS department.
- Choose”Apply” to the Smart Card Application option on the homepage.
- Click here to go to the direct link that is provided
- Log in to the portal.
- Complete the application form by filling in all the essential information.
- Attach all of the documents you need.
- Input family member names as well as gas connection information, and declare
- Click on Submit
- The reference numbers will then be created.
- Secure your information for use in the future.
Track TNPDS Smart Ration Card Status
Follow the steps below to monitor what is happening with the Smart Ration Card issued in Tamil Nadu.
- Visit Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System.
- Click on “Smart Card Application Status”.
- Enter the Reference Number to monitor what is happening with your Smart Ration Card.
- Click “Submit” to track the status of your Smart Ration Card.